Sunday, January 5, 2014

Me Squared by Jourdan Cameron

Summary from Goodreads: 

Hildan Hegennerry was an ordinary kid- he had good parents, a great best friend, and a clone. Well, that part's not so ordinary, is it? 

Join Hildan on an action-packed adventure as he unveils dark secrets and discovers what it's like to have a brother. 

Me Squared is more than an adventure- it also tackles some very important issues regarding bioethics and human cloning- whether anybody likes it or not, the future is coming, and with it come questions without obvious answers. Me Squared dares you to begin thinking about those questions right now.

Source: 

I received a PDF version of this book free of charge on a read to review basis from Jourdan, the author. Thanks, Jourdan! 

My Thoughts: 

This book was not my cup of tea, at all. There were so many things I had issues with. 

First off, the characters. I was not connected to ANY of the characters. If I am really connected to the main character of a book I will most likely enjoy it but with this book I couldn't relate to Hildan at all. I couldn't even remember his name while I was still currently reading this one. 

I think the plot of this book had potential but it just has to be done differently. It sounded like a cool concept but it was just weird. Too many things were happening too fast. I think if there were extra pages including more information about the cloning I would have liked it more. 

I had about 50 pages left of this book and I really had to push myself to finish it. Some people may have found the last 50 pages action packed but it just wasn't for me. 

Truthfully, I did not like this book BUT the writing style was pretty cool. I think if Jourdan came out with another book I would give it a shot because the writing was cool. I think Jourdan has lots of potential. Like I said, I loved the concept of this one but it just wasn't done to my liking. 

My Rating:






2 comments:

  1. Interesting review. This book is probably not one that I would find myself picking up, but lately I've been really into reading epic fantasy books, so maybe thats why. I'm looking forward to seeing more reviews from you!

    If you are ever in need of any book recommendations, let me know! I've got quite a few :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hanna! I will hopefully be finishing up a few books this week and posting reviews!

    I would love some recommendations! I am always open to them!

    ReplyDelete